Concealed Weapon Permit Class
The class duration is about 3 1/2 hours.
09:00 AM - 01:00 PM.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
Drivers License or a valid government issued photo ID, and proof of citizenship or proof of permanent residency (To make the required photocopies for the package)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AFTER THE CLASS
Visit a local law enforcement agency to get your fingerprints done (We will provide one with no appointment necessary)
Take a passport picture not older than 30 days
Make a money order payable to Florida Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services in the amount of $97.00
Submit your application
In Person: You can apply for a concealed weapon license in person at a Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) or an authorized Florida tax collector’s office in your area. Please click here for a full list of ways to apply for your permit.
ACTIVE MILITARY & VETERANS
- Active-duty military: personnel may submit copies of any of the following documents that confirm experience with a firearm gained during service:
- Common Access Card or other form of official Military Identification.
- Military orders including call to active-duty letter
- A statement of military service that identifies you and provides your date of entry on your current active-duty period (it must be signed by, or at the direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer or commander of your unit or higher headquarters)
- Former military: personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service.
DETERMINE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
Click Here for a list of Eligibility Requirements for a Concealed weapons Permit.
Not sure if you are eligible? Click here to take a quiz.
- You may take the class before turning 21 and submit the application afterwards. Fingerprinting, application, and photo must be current when the application is submitted.
- The current validity period for a Florida Concealed Weapon License is seven (7) years.
- The State of Florida concealed weapons license is good in (34) states.
- All instructors are Firearms Instructors and are certified through the State of Florida.
- We do NOT renew permits. Please visit https://cwrex.freshfromflorida.com/ for instructions on how to renew your Florida Concealed Weapons Permit.